Economic evaluation has become essential for most stakeholders in the healthcare system and intends to respond to a variety of decisional issues. Various approaches and methodologies including models and Real-World data are developed. A new challenge is to integrate patients’ experience (PROMs and PREMs) as another health outcome in our economic evaluations.
The consultants of CEMKA’s HEOR department have a large and recognized experience in the economic evaluation of innovative health strategies.
Our services in the field of economic evaluation are fully diversified (drugs, medical devices, vaccines, diagnostic or therapeutic interventions, e-health devices, new pathways,…).
Health economics studies
- Efficiency studies: cost-effectiveness, cost-utility, cost-benefit studies
- Modeling: Design, development, and adaptation of efficiency or epidemiological models (Decision trees, Markov models, discrete events simulation, microsimulation, dynamic models, etc.)
- Budget Impact Model
- Data collection of resources utilization and costs in the French healthcare system
- Micro-costing and/or gross-costing studies
- Burden of illness (costs estimates and cost drivers)
- Quality of life studies: observational study, summary review
- Quality of care perceived by the patient – PROMs and PREMs indicators: designing questionnaires, validation, multi-channel collection, measurement
- Study about patients’ preferences
- Literature review (link to add on lit review): synthetic review, systematic review
- Statistical analysis methods (link to add on stat): meta-analyses, indirect comparisons, etc.
- Health Technology Assessment: multidisciplinary assessment dealing with medical, economic, social, ethical, regulatory, or organizational issues relating to the development, distribution, and use of health technologies
- Organization boards with experts and Scientific Committees
- Medical writing for peer-reviewed journals
- Writing of abstracts and posters for medical, economic, epidemiological, and statistical meetings
- Teaching sessions for corporate teams, organizations, and Universities.
Our economic evaluations are carried out in different French regulatory frameworks
- CEESP dossiers
- CEPS dossiers
- Medico-economic arguments for an actor of the health system (industrial, hospital, Regional Agency as ARS, etc.)
- Health Technology Assessment (HTA) as a basis for reimbursement decisions or an independent assessment
- Hospital-based research projects (PHRC PRME)
- Other innovative projects: forfaits innovation, Reference Document for Innovative Procedures (RIHN) outside of the Nomenclature, article 51 experiments
- Organizational impact study
- Strategic guidance and recommendations for cost-effectiveness/ cost-utility studies.
- Development and/or local adaptation of cost-effectiveness and budget impact models.
- Estimates of parameters (clinical and economic) from literature review or database analysis.
- Economic dossier to be submitted to the HAS (French Health Authority): Preparation of the technical report, user guide, formatting the computer model; presentation file.
- Support in all the phases of technical exchanges with the HAS: guidance and preparation for the preliminary meeting, transition to the economic subcommittee, hearing.